Apple Fritter Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp + pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (160 g) old fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 medium banana, sliced (the riper the better)
- 2 cups water
Note: For the apples, I used honeycrisp, but granny smith would be good as well. Any slightly tart variety is fine.
- In a large saute pan, add the butter and heat the diced apple on medium. Next add 1/4 tsp stevia, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt, and a pinch of nutmeg and stir to incorporate. Allow to cook down, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes. Apples should be fairly translucent
- Heat griddle to medium. Spray with cooking spray. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend for about one minute. Then let the mixture sit for a few minutes to thicken. Add 3/4 of the apples to the mixture, setting aside 1/4 as the topping.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter onto griddle. Flip pancake once bubbles appear and start to set on top. Continue twice more, for three cakes in total.
- Top with apples, and enjoy with your favorite syrup or whipped cream.
3 (fairly large) servings = per serving
Fat: 5 g
Carbs: 54 g
Protein: 7 g
Want more protein and fats? Add an egg or two on the side. Enjoy!
Check out more recipes from my 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge.