- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 tbsp (6.5g) wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 7g mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana. Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes.
Note: Banana really doesn’t have anything to do with cookies and cream, but I don’t care, I really like adding it because it gives so much volume to the oats. ;-)
- Next add the stevia and the wheat germ, and stir until incorporated. Then split the oats in half, and in a separate bowl, add the cocoa to one half and the mascarpone to the other.
- Pour each mixture, side-by-side, into a serving bowl and top with the mini chocolate chips.
1 servings = per serving
Fat: 11 g
Carbs: 55 g
Protein: 13 g
Check out more recipes from my 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge