Guacamole, low-calorie and full of vitamins and minerals. The perfect summertime snack dip.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- fresh jalepeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (save a sprig for garnish)
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Mash avocado in large bowl with a fork. Add lime/lemon juice, garlic, and onion powder and mix well. Then fold in remaining ingredients. For a smoother texture, puree half of mixture in food processor or blender. I like to leave some chunks or tomato and avocados, which is why I would only puree half.
(8 (1/4 cup) servings = per serving)