Mmm mmm is all we have to say about simple, healthy, and colorful sweet potato hash browns. Serve along with sunnyside up eggs for a satisfying and delicious gluten-free breakfast.
- 1 large sweet potato, wash and dice into small cubes (1/4” square)
- 2 tbsp canola or coconut oil
- 2 cups sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 whole fresh jalapeño pepper, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic (previously roasted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh group pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Bring large pot of water to a boil and add diced sweet potato. Boil for 5-8 minutes, until potato cubes are cooked through. Drain the water and set the sweet potato cubes aside to dry while you cook the pepper and onions.
Preheat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil onto the skillet and add the onion and peppers. Stir often and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
Scrape the mixture onto a plate. Drizzle the skillet with oil again and add the potato cubes, onions, peppers, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, and seasoning, arranging them in a single layer. Continue cooking until the sweet potato, onion, and peppers have browned.
Portion onto a plate and serve.