- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Best. Vanilla. Ever.)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp stevia
- pinch unsweetened cocoa
- 7g mini chocolate chips
- mint leaves, as garnish
Photo by FreshFitNHealthy
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana. Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes.
- As I have mentioned in many of my oatmeal recipes, I really like adding the banana because it adds so much volume to the oats. Add the vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and stevia, and stir until incorporated.
- Pour into a serving bowl, dust with cocoa powder, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, and garnish with the mint leaves.