Simple, easy-breezy, no-bake, delicious.
Ever since I was little, it has been a tradition in my family that on your birthday, you get to choose the meal and dessert. And every year, I chose lasagna and German chocolate cake.Due to my affinity for German chocolate cake, I've come up with several healthy alternatives over the years, including… Healthy German Chocolate Brownies German Chocolate Oatmeal. This year, I decided to go simple, easy-breezy, no-bake, delish. I give you… German Chocolate Balls. You’re welcome.
- 1/2 cup of raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup of unsweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates (soaked in water for 4 hours, then drained)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespood flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pour the cacao powder and 1/2 cup shredded coconut onto two separate small plates.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the other half of the shredded coconut and all other ingredients to the food processor and pulse until well blended.
- With your hands roll the mixture into small balls.
- Roll each ball in either the coconut or cacao powder and place the balls on a plate.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store for up to a week in the refrigerator or a month in the freezer.