Guest Blogger Chenay Schroeder shares this super delicious and truly healthy peanut butter balls dessert with you. Yummy!I confess! I have an incurable sweet tooth! But I have been eating clean for almost 4 years now, and I know that candy bars (and even many protein/energy bars) aren’t in my best interest, along with so many other once coveted treats. I was a sad, sad person for a while in my clean eating journey, having a strict “No Treat” policy. But, who wants to live their life with NO FUN?! Then I stumbled upon the Live Well 360 philosophy of having your treats and feeling good about eating them too! Who says a treat can’t be healthy AND delicious to boot? Now I’m on the constant look out for yummy desserts that make the grade both for taste and nutrition. The other night, I was at a meeting, and our host served this amazing treat! I immediately asked for the recipe, and tweaked it here and there to make it extra healthy. Today I’m sharing this super delicious and EASY recipe with you. If you have an insatiable sweet tooth like mine, then I hope you give this a try.
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- 1 cup oats (steel cut or rolled oats)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup honey (can use less, but it helps keep the mixture together)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 heaping scoops of your favorite chocolate protein powder
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together, until all ingredients are ‘wet’ and well mixed. Scoop out a tablespoon size amount of the mix and form them into balls rolling them in your hands or on a cutting board. Layer the balls in a container, placing wax paper in between the layers, and then store them in the freezer.
Photo by Marbalet