- cooking spray
- 1 oz pecans
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Set a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and coat the rack with cooking spray.
- Place pecans, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until the pecans are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout.
- Add the olive oil and process until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a large freezer bag.
- Place chicken tenders into the bag, seal tightly leaving some air in the bag, and shake the bag around, turning upside down and around, until the tenders are evenly coated.
- Place the tenders on the prepared rack.
Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 12 to 15 minutes.
(Makes 4 servings)
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 28 g