- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Best. Vanilla. Ever.)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp maple flavored agave nectar
- 0.2 oz toasted pecans
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana.
- Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin, cottage cheese, pumpkin pie spice, agave nectar, and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with toasted pecans.
Photo by NaturalComfortKitchen