The perfect sweet and spicy snack! I adapted this recipe from Alicia Silverstone’s, The Kind Diet, by adding a little spicy flare and voila! The perfect treat.
- 1 box brown rice crispy cereal (Erewhon makes a great one and gluten-free too!)
- 1 3/4 cups brown rice syrup
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 2 tsps cinnamon plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt brown rice syrup in a pot on the stove on low heat, until liquid. Add almond butter and all spices and mix well.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Put the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Wet wooden spoon and press mixture evenly into the dish. Sprinkle more cinnamon on top.
- Let cool for 1 hour, cut into bars.