- 3 oz whole wheat pretzels
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 8 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small box of sugar-free strawberry JELL-O (4 serving)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coarsely chop pretzels into small pieces (I put them in a zip lock bag and pound it with the flat end of a meat mallet but you could also use a food processor). In a medium size bowl, mix the chopped pretzels, light butter, and brown sugar. Spread mixture evenly across the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In another bowl, mix whipped topping, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth. After pretzel layer has completely cooled, spread cream cheese mixture over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of hot (not boiling) water with the box of sugar free strawberry JELL-O. Whisk to dissolve. Add sliced strawberries to JELL-O. Allow to cool and set up slightly. Pour over top of cream cheese mixture. Place in refrigerator for several hours to set completely before serving.
9 servings = per serving