This is my quickie go-to lunch many days. It comes together in just a few short minutes if you have all of your veggies washed and prepped ahead of time. I like to slice my veggies while I am assembling the wrap, but you could certainly slice them in advance if you are crunched for time, or even make the wrap ahead of time, and store it in plastic wrap. It is extremely filling and nutritious. I also adjust the amount of veggies by my hunger level – adding more if I am starving or less if I am not incredibly hungry.
If you want to add more protein
, you can absolutely add some chicken/turkey breast, salmon, tuna, etc.
- Half of a gigantic whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tbsp of garlic and chive chevre (goat cheese)
- Cucumbers, sliced in long thin strips
- Red, green, orange, and yellow peppers sliced in long thin strips
- Carrots, sliced in long thin strips
- Beets, sliced in long thin strips
- Green onion, chopped
- Handful of sprouts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lay tortilla out on a flat surface.
- Spread goat cheese evenly across tortilla.
- Pile on the veggies. I typically organize them from heaviest items on the bottom to lightest on the top, to make it easier to handle.
- Finish with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Close wrap and secure with a toothpick if needed.