- 15 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 breasts)
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 9×9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray or coconut oil. (I use a paper towel and wipe the oil around bottom and sides of the dish.)
- Place chicken breasts (one by one) between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat to achieve even thickness throughout.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic powder. Lay pounded chicken breast out flat and scoop 1/4 of the mixture into the center of the breast. Roll the breast up around it and place it, folded side down, in the baking dish. Repeat for all 4 breasts. Salt and pepper the tops of the chicken rolls (a pinch of each sprinkled evenly over all 4 breasts).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute throughout chicken.
Serve carefully, so that you make sure the bottom stays together and doesn’t open up, spilling out all the yummy artichoke goodness (learned this from experience).
4 servings = per serving
Fat: 14 g
Carbs: 10 g
Protein: 33 g