Blueberry protein muffins with a surprise lemon cheesecake-like center. Delish!
I found this recipe in the Body By Eats cookbook and decided I HAD to try it. It has no flour. Let's get this blueberry in the kitchen.Yields 9 muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil (coconut, canola)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (1 scoop approx 30 grams)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup artificial sweetener (I used stevia, approx 1 tsp, could also use honey)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 5 second spray non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 9 muffin tins with cups and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese, cinnamon, and lemon zest together in a small bowl. Cover and set in the fridge.
- Combine the eggs, oil, and heavy cream into a medium or large bowl; whisk together until mixed well.
- Add the vanilla protein powder, baking powder, and sweetener. Stir until just combined. Don’t over stir because protein powder can be temperamental.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Get out the cream cheese mixture from fridge. Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Scoop about 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Fill prepared muffin with remaining batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until no longer wet looking on top.