Some consider this the sweet oatmeal of death. Know why and make your taste bud crave for more on this gingersnap oatmeal recipe.Want to know how to make a sweet oatmeal that will crave you to make more? Here what you should have and do to make an awesome gingersnap oatmeal.
Ingredients: Gingersnap Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (6.5g) wheat germ
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp stevia
- gingersnap cookie, crumbled
Photo by CheapHealthyGood
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana.
- Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes. I really like adding the banana because it adds so much volume to the oats.
- Add the vanilla, wheat germ, cinnamon, ginger, and stevia, and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with the crumbled gingersnap cookies.