Hamburger Soup: A crockpot recipe with lean ground beef or sirloin, chopped onion, potato, celery, cabbage, mushroom and more.
Healthy hamburger soup, made with ground sirloin and veggies, the perfect recipe for that chilly evening.
- 1 pound extra lean 96/4 ground sirloin
- 1-1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2cup (8 oz) diced raw russet potato
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato
- 1/4 cup rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 quarts of beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaves
- Brown the ground sirloin in a large pan, drain any residual grease, and allow to cool.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Place all the vegetables in the crock pot and add the sirloin and mix well.
- Add the beef stock, Worcestershire and spices, and pour over ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours.