- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
We went to a winery this weekend in Traverse City, Chateau Chantal
, and picked up a jar of Strawberry Riesling Jam. It is delicious and I HAD to use it in my oatmeal this morning. What better combo than pb&j!
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana.
- Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes. I really like adding the banana because it adds so much volume to the oats.
- Add the stevia and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with the peanut butter and jam.
1 servings = per serving
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 65 g
Protein: 15 g
Check out more recipes from my 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge