- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1 slice of reduced-fat bacon, cooked and chopped (save a few pieces for garnish)
- 1 oz reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Photo by MrBreakfast
- In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the chopped bacon, pepper, and garlic powder. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Then add the cheddar and give it a few more stirs to incorporate. You don’t want to stir too much because the mixture begins to get pretty sticky.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with bacon garnish.