- 8 slices of cinnamon swirl bread, cut into 1/2” cubes (I use Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip – AWESOME)
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg (fresh grated is better)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier
- Place cinnamon bread cubes in an oval casserole dish or 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, beat together the egg whites, skim milk, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and Grand Marnier. Pour mixture over bread cubes in casserole dish. Place in the refrigerator and soak for 1-2 hours. Check on it every once in a while and press the bread cubes down into the liquid to make sure they are completely submerged, soaking up the liquid.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place the baking dish in another deep cake pan, with 1″ of water, creating a water bath (this keeps the bread pudding moist). Place both into the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve either hot or chilled. I like to serve mine warm with a scoop of low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt.
If you can, leave the bread out over night, so that it becomes slightly stale. This allows it to soak up the egg and milk mixture more easily.
8 servings = per serving
Fat: 2.6 g
Carbs: 23 g
Protein: 8 g